Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A World of Shiny People

By chance, I came across this photography series by Israeli photographer, Michal Chelbin (I highly recommend you check her out). She photographs lots of little dancers and ice skaters (and perhaps other kids that just enjoy traipsing around the countryside in costume...and who can blame them?).


What I love about her photos is the way she photographs these girls in costume, yet so out of context. Each girl seems to be saying something with her glance. I can't help but compare the costumes themselves to those of my sister and me (although obviously there's no beating our super-glam costumes of the early 90's)...But the portraits themselves are so different...they're not studio portraits so they seem to catch something much more real.





No comments:

Post a Comment