Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Raw Edges...

So things are starting (slowly, but surely) to come together.
For now, i have 3 out of 4 pieces sewn...without belts, facings, and finishes, of course.

Yesterday, I managed to perfect the edges of the shirt...which are done with an overlock machine in BRIGHT PINK! I had to mess around with the size of the stitch and practice on a LOT of scraps since every mistake is visible! I love the way it came out....Now I just have to take on the collar...

And last, but most certainly not least....I spent a full day cutting the jacket with the chiffon! The next few days are dedicated to sitting and sewing LOADS of sequins (and perhaps watching some trashy television in the process....what can i say? I'm in a Kardashian phase).


Please note: The Red Bull might as well be sewn into the jacket...End of semester diet for fashion design students at Shenkar: Red Bull and Coffee....It's possibly that we're killing ourselves, but at least we look good doing it.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment