Friday, June 3, 2011

Fit for a princess

The last few weeks, I've been busy sewing multiple "drafts" of all of my garments and fitting them on a model. Here are some pictures of the first fitting (from several weeks ago)...since then, There have been 3 more skirts and 2 more jackets all in raw materials... It takes time to get the right proportions and fit, but as of this week, I'm good to go!

I've already sewn parts here and there of the final pieces (from the real fabrics) and I'll be sure to load pictures in the next few days....
The skirt was kind of a disaster the first time around, which is kind of funny because I always think my patterns are really simple...but now I know that sometimes the most simple garments are the hardest to fit! After fixing the pattern and sewing a few more skirts with the changes, I managed to get a silhouette that I really love and it looked great on her! (I'll post those pics soon)!



So anyways, I know these pictures are a hot mess, but I promise, I've already made great strides in improving the overall look and fit!





No comments:

Post a Comment